A fellow passenger took this photo of a man arrested for allegedly making a bomb threat on a Denver-bound Frontier Airlines flight on 6/14/2013. 7NEWS blurred the man's face because authorities have not confirmed he is the ...
DENVER - Severe thunderstorms erupted across eastern Colorado Monday afternoon, spawning a couple of tornadoes and dropping some large hail.The tornadoes were reported near Stratton in Kit Carson County and near La Junta. There was some wind damage in the La Junta area, along with some local flooding from very heavy rains.The largest hail was golfball sized near Sugar City in Crowley County. ...
(Reuters) - The Denver Nuggets named Tim Connelly as their new general manager on Monday after Masai Ujiri joined the Toronto Raptors last month. The first task for 36-year-old Connelly, who spent the last three years as the assistant general manager in New Orleans, will be finding a new head coach to replace George Karl, who was sacked at the end of the season. "We have a lot to do," ...
La Junta Fire Chief Aaron Eveatt tweeted this photo of a tornado passing near La Junta Industrial Park on 6/17/2013. (Photo by La Junta Fire Chief Aaron ...
New Nuggets GM Tim Connelly (right) puts a Russian player through a workout. (Catherine Steenkeste/Getty Images) The Nuggets announced Monday the hiring of Pelicans assistant GM Tim Connelly as their new executive vice president of basketball operations. "We are extremely excited to have Tim join the Denver Nuggets organization," Nuggets CEO Josh ...
Sling Blade [Blu-Ray]
As written and performed by Billy Bob Thornton, Karl Childers, the central character of Sling Blade, is one of the most fascinating, moving, and complex characters to come across a movie screen. A drawling, slow-moving and slow-thinking, but deeply felt man from Arkansas, Karl bear ... ...
COL@TOR: De La Rosa tosses seven scoreless frames TORONTO -- Rockies left-handed pitcher Jorge De La Rosa's form returned in a big way Monday night, but Matt Belisle's consistency left him at a bad time. De La Rosa held the streaking Blue Jays to one hit in seven spectacular innings, but Belisle couldn't hold the tie, as the Rockies lost, 2-0, at Rogers Centre in front of ...
The new library on Denver's west side should be named after former library commissioner Lena Archuleta and the late Chicano activist Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales, a library committee on Monday recommended before a Thursday vote by the library commissioners."I propose that the library be named the Archuleta-Gonzales library," said Commissioner Gloria Rubio-Cortez.The ...
Jorge De La Rosa of the Colorado Rockies delivers a pitch during inter-league MLB game action against the Toronto Blue Jays June 17, 2013 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Brad White/Getty ...
By Aaron J. Lopez, Nuggets.com, 6-1-13 Colorado State center Colton Iverson and Missouri point guard Phil Pressey are among 12 players scheduled to take part in a predraft workout for the Nuggets at Pepsi Center on Monday. Iverson, 7-0, 255, was named the 2012-13 Mountain West Newcomer of the Year and landed a spot on the All-MWC First Team after averaging 14.2 points and 9.8 rebounds for the ...
TORONTO -- Prior to Monday's game against the Blue Jays, Rockies advance scout Chris Warren and catching instructor Jerry Weinstein walked to the right-field corner of Rogers Centre, throwing baseballs against the fence and observing. Every few feet, they'd repeat. They noted how the ball deadened when it hit the unmarked padded parts of the wall, and how it rebounded a little better ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Colorado StarColorado Star – Colorado state news service
The Colorado Star is essentially a local Colorado newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Colorado, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Colorado, Colorado, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Colorado Star.
BLACK FOREST, Colorado - A wildfire forced authorities to evacuate more than 900 prisoners from a state prison near Colorado Springs early Wednesday, one of four wildfires that raged across the Front Range of the Rockies burning up scores of homes.
About 2,500 homes and businesses in northeast El Paso County have also been evacuated, affecting about 6,400 people.
The fires were reported in El Paso County, Royal Gorge, Rocky Mountain National Park and Huerfano County.
Colorado Public Radio's Megan Verlee said at least 60 homes have been destroyed by one of the fires. The most damaging blaze is the Black Forest fire that has engulfed several homes in a heavily wooded development near Colorado Springs, she said.
Black Forest is a residential area northeast of Colorado Springs named for its thick growth of Ponderosa Pines.
Six helicopters and an air tanker were on the scene, El Paso County sheriff Terry Maketa said. C-130 cargo planes are also being deployed to help fight the fire.
The area is not far from last summer's devastating Waldo Canyon Fire that destroyed 346 homes and killed two.
The National Inter-agency Coordination Center says the Black Forest Fire has so far consumed about 7,500 acres and is zero percent contained. ...
- Dow Pares Gain to 110 Points as Fed Chatter Hits Fever Pitch
- How the Dow Jones industrial average and other major indexes fared Monday
- US stocks up ahead of Fed statement
- SP Dow Jones Indices Announces Changes to the SPTSX Canadian Indices
- Stocks post gains Monday
- Denver committee offers compromise in naming of west library
- School district reports 161 students lost homes
- Poll Residents of Colorado and West favor conservation over drilling
- Fire will send ripples through local housing market
- Cold Case Sexual Assault Solved
- Escalating civil war in Syria major focus of G8 summit
- US cool over North Korea's latest talks offer
- UK foreign officials including Medvedev spied at 2009 G20 meetings
- Putin refutes allegation he stole Super Bowl ring
- Outrage over online teaching of Quran to Brit students by banned JuD hardliners
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Obese male mice father offspring with higher levels of body fat
- Why Getting The Band Back Together Is So Hard How Iggy Pop Got It Right And The Pixies Got It Wrong
- The Last Of Us Isnt A Game About Choices
- Adobes Subscription-Only CC Release Carries Obvious Upside But Big Risk
- Aragon Pharmaceuticals being acquired by Johnson and Johnson
- Obese male mice father offspring with higher levels of body fat
- Court appoints lead plaintiff in shareholder lawsuit against SAC
- Currencies Australia dollar down on rate view U.S. dollar up
- Outside View As Federal Reserve meets folks should trim spending
- Marilyn Monroe voted passengers dream flight attendant
- Railways to launch ticket booking through non-internet based mobile phones
- Airlines performance improves lags other industries U.S. poll
- Study shows airlines dont rank high in customer satisfaction
- Rwanda gets ready to launch religious tourism circuit in Kihebo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Colorado Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Frontier threat suspect at Denver Health
- Seattle businessman tries his luck at building pot brand
- A couple brief tornadoes sighted
- Hail rain strong wind in eastern Colorado
- Tornado spotted near La Junta