WASHINGTON - Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation Friday announced the planned separation of the $76-billion conglomerate into two distinct publicly traded companies, with one to be renamed 21st Century Fox and the publishing firm to retain the News Corp brand. The split has been formally approved by the Board of Directors. The Company announced appointments to the Boards of Directors of both ...
BEIJING - Chinese regulators Friday announced that they have signed a memorandum of understanding with their US counterparts giving American authorities increased access to documents from Chinese audit firms. The signing of the MOU between China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC), the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and the US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) is a significant ...
ZAGREB/LONDON - Croatia, soon to become the 28th member of the European Union,- is looking to undiscovered oil and gas fields in the Adriatic Sea to revive its ailing economy, according to the country's president. Ivo Josipovic told CNN that Croatia is searching for partners in the energy sector to help reveal oil and gas "green fields" in the waters that separate the Balkan nations and ...
WASHINGTON - Amazon, the largest online retailer of books, movies, music and games, Friday offered its Kindle e-book platform to fan fiction authors to sell some of their work. Fan fiction is literature inspired by popular books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games. Publication outside of blogs and online fanzines is often difficult because of copyright issues. Amazon Publishing has ...
BEIJING - China is planning to steadily push forward market-oriented reform in its interest rates and exchange rates mechanisms this year as part of the financial sector reforms to better serve the real economy, a central bank report said on Friday. The "China Financial Stability Report (2013) released by the People's Bank of China stressed that it would be steadily promoting the interest ...
Child's Play [DVD]
Given the increasingly campy nature of the Childs Play franchise, it was an interesting trip revisiting the one that started it all, which came out during the heyday of the 1980s horror boom. Most of the horror films at that time were of the slasher variety, which meant that Chi ... ...
LONDON - In a critique of the United Kingdom's austerity programme, the International Monetary Fund Wednesday urged the Europe's third largest economy to rebalance the policy to make the transition to a high-investment and more export-oriented economy. "The UK could boost growth by bringing forward measures already included in its fiscal plan, such as spending on infrastructure and job ...
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has announced a huge natural gas discovery in the flagging eastern offshore KG-D6 block which would help in arresting falling output. In a statement issued here it has claimed that the KGD6-MJ1 well was drilled in a water depth of 1,024 metres - and to a total depth of 4,509 metres (4.5 kilometres below seabed). "Formation evaluation indicates a gross gas and ...
News Corporation Board has approved the split of its company into two publicly traded entities putting a step forward in separating its entertainment businesses from the publishing division. The board announced the terms of share distribution, named the board of directors for both the firms, and a 500 million dollars stock-buypack program for the new corporation. In a report by Fox News, the ...
Bang with Friends- the controversial Facebook app run by its CEO and co-founder who just goes by his initial 'C' has been revealed accidentally by Internet New York which included the founders' name on the online ballot. BWF app creator Colin Hodge, 28, and Omri Mor had remained anonymous till last week, but the leak of their identity through Internet Week New York disappointed Hodge, the Daily ...
An attempt to recover the first web page from the earliest days of web world has been successful. The page recovered belonged to 1991 and was demonstrated by Sir Tim. Cern launched its project to recover artefacts and documents from those earliest days. Web creators Tim Berners-Lee and Robert Cailliau initiated a public appeal for files, hardware and software tracing the earliest days of web ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Colorado StarColorado Star – Colorado state news service
The Colorado Star is essentially a local Colorado newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Colorado, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Colorado, Colorado, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Colorado Star.
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - The man accused of the July 2012 massacre at a Batman film premier in Colarado will plead not guilty because of "insanity", his lawyers have said.
The lawyers said that the 25-year-old James Holmes will ask for the change at a May 13 hearing related to the case of the murder of 12 dead people in a shooting that also injured 70 last year.
A judge previously entered a not guilty plea after the defence said Holmes was not ready to plead. That was a standard not guilty plea.
If the judge accepts the insanity plea, Holmes would be sent to the state mental hospital, where doctors would determine whether he was insane at the time of the shootings on July 20, 2012.
Holmes can still be found guilty despite a medical finding of insanity as he faces more than 160 counts of murder and attempted murder and could be executed if he is convicted.
Colorado law defines insanity as the inability to distinguish right from wrong, caused by a diseased or defective mind.
Prosecutors have indicated they will seek the death penalty for the former graduate student as they described the slayings at the showing of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" as "especially heinous, cruel or depraved". ...
- US stocks remain weak on track for weekly loss
- How the Dow Jones industrial average fared Friday
- NEW YORK – Der Dow Jones Industrial ist mit dem ersten
- US stocks flat as bulls get cautious
- US STOCKS-Wall St posts 1st weekly loss since mid-April on Fed angst
- Family-run Denver butcher shop celebrates 90 years in business
- Nucla becomes Colorados first and only town mandating gun ownership
- Colorado Memorial Day weekend events include parades arts festival
- UPDATE Firefighters battle a wildfire in La Veta Colorado
- Mountain View survives Pueblo West in extra innings in 4A baseball semifinal
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Bang With Friends mysterious CEO revealed
- US band Hanson debuts MmmHops Beer
- Petraeus mistress Paula Broadwell apologizes for extra-marital affair
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- Manufacturers Hope SCOTUS Takes Up The Case Of The Smelly Washer
- Philadelphia Soul Owners Taking Arena Football League To China
- How To See What Others Dont
- Post Tornado Insurance Rates May Rise
- Fitch Affirms Kahala Nui Bonds at BBB- Outlook Revised to Positive
- NBAD Issues $465 Million Convertible Bonds
- US dollar rises on Taipei forex ends a days high of NT$30.030
- New outlet for bonds education
- UPDATE 1-Freeport Indonesia union says mine shut but maintenance under way
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Men threatened to blow up plane Two arrested after RAF jet is scrambled to escort Pakistan Airlines passenger plane to London Stansted Airport
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Colorado Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nicasio Zito get quick rematch in San Francisco
- NBA Fan Code of Conduct
- Nuggets-Portland Trail Blazers Gameday
- Repurposing Denver Post content - Guidelines
- Amnesty International USA Brings Guantanamo Cell Replica to Denver