The Dow Jones Industrial Average has closed above the key threshold of 16,000 for the first time, extending a rally that has seen the gauge add over 22 per cent this year.The Dow on Thursday rose 109.17 (0.69 per cent) to a new closing high of 16,009.99.The broad-based SP 500 jumped 14.48 (0.81 per cent) to 1,795.84, while the tech-rich Nasdaq Composite Index added 47.88 (1.22 per cent) at ...
man Sachs (Asia) LLC are the joint bookrunners on the deal. Describing itself as the largest online auto information platform in the country, Autohome.com said earlier in its IPO prospectus report that it achieved 831 million yuan ($172 million) in sales revenue for the 12 months ended Sept 30, with net profit of 334 million ...
NEW YORK – The stock market continued its sluggish start to the month on Wednesday.Stocks fell as investors weighed conflicting economic reports and assessed the outlook for the Federal Reserve’s economic stimulus program.The market was lower in early trading after a payroll company reported that U.S. businesses added the most jobs in a year last month as manufacturing and ...
The Dow Jones industrial average edged lower on Wednesday, continuing its sluggish start to the month.Stocks fell as investors weighed conflicting economic reports and assessed the outlook for the Federal Reserve's economic stimulus program. One survey showed that U.S. businesses added the most jobs in a year last month as manufacturing and construction expanded. Another showed that growth ...
U.S. markets slid Wednesday for the fourth consecutive session as investors continued to see positive data as precursors to a central bank policy shift. "Investors have gotten used to the idea that at some point the Fed [U.S. Federal Reserve] will need to start getting out of the way, Colleen Supran , a principal with Bingham, Osborn & Scarborough told The Wall Street Journal. Wednesday ...
"American Beauty," the directorial debut of Sam Mendes, the Broadway director who recently staged Nicole Kidman in "The Blue Room," is a completely assured debut, a visually extravagant, entrancingly dark comedy about how people fall apart and build walls of angst between each oth ... ...
Colorado StarColorado Star – Colorado state news service
The Colorado Star is essentially a local Colorado newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Colorado, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Colorado, Colorado, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Colorado Star.
U.S. Stocks Down for Fourth Day Due to Taper Worries (Bloomberg) The S&P 500 Index closed down 0.1% today, its fourth red day in a row. This marks the most-sustained downward trend in 10 weeks. Positive economic news — October new home purchases were up, October manufacturing was up, November payroll was up — have led to concerns that the Fed will taper their aggressive ...
NEW YORK, Dec 4 (Reuters) - The Dow and the S&P 500 finished lower for the fourth consecutive session on Wednesday after investors found few reasons to make big moves, with uncertainty remaining over when the Federal Reserve will start to slow its ...
* S&P, Dow end down on uncertainty over Fed move* Dollar gives back early gains* European shares fall, world stock markets down a third day* Aussie dollar hits three-month lowBy Barani KrishnanNEW YORK, Dec 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended lower on Wednesday for a fourth session while Treasury yields rose as traders were cautious ahead of jobs data later in the week that could determine ...
US stocks have ended mostly lower after markets weighed a stream of generally solid economic data ahead of Friday's big jobs report. At the closing bell on Wednesday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 24.08 points (0.15 per cent) at ...
Fortune 500 ) said Tuesday that same-store sales in November grew 10% from the same period last year. The stock, which has been the worst performer on the S&P 500 this year, is in the midst of a turnaround and has caught the attention of some major hedge funds. But investors seemed unimpressed with the decent November sales. Shares of J.C. Penney ended the day down over 4%. Despite that, one ...
It's time for VCs and angels to set aside their differences, in part because they are largely cosmetic. By Kittu Kolluri, contributor FORTUNE -- No topic fuels more discussion and debate within the early-stage investment community than the dynamics between VC and angel investors. Are they natural enemies or complementary players in an increasingly diverse funding ecosystem? Or both? ...
* Investors unsure of Fed's timing for tapering* ADP employment report tops expectations* Both OmniVision and Express shares slide after outlook* Dow off 0.2 pct, S&P 500 down 0.2 pct, Nasdaq off 0.02 pctBy Ryan VlastelicaNEW YORK, Dec 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks declined on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 off for a fourth straight session as investors worried that the market's rally to ...
The battle between iBulls and iBears over the direction of Apple's stock has been fascinating to watch this year. For most of 2013, the animals of the more ursine variety were trouncing their taurine rivals. But the tables have turned. ...
OMED ) shot up 8.62 percent to $30.09 after the company initiated Phase 1B trial of WNT-parthway-target antibody. Jefferies lifted the price target on the stock from $27 to $46. Shares of G-III Apparel Group ...
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks are little changed on Wall Street as investors pore over the latest economic reports for clues about when the Federal Reserve will start pulling back on its huge stimulus program. Major U.S. indexes fell, rose, then slipped back again by midday. The Dow Jones industrial average was down 18 points, or 0.1 percent, to 15,896 at noon local (1700 GMT). The Standard & ...
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Colorado Star.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Stratosphere Casino Hotel & Tower Las Vegas
I booked a lower cost room at $39.95 a night at this landmark hotel at the top end of the ...Keep reading
Tiger Woods and his girlfriend Lindsey Vonn were spotted watching the NFL game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Denver Broncos at the Mile High Stadium in Denver.
The couple are reportedly going strong together, News 24 reported.
Woods and Vonn have been together officially for eight months. (ANI)
- Wall Street hits record high
- Autohome.com on track for NYSE listing by mid-month
- Stocks struggle to make gains as investors weigh economic news
- How the Dow Jones industrial average did Wednesday
- Stocks slide on policy shift scare
- Conflict over historic Bosler House roils in Denvers West Highland
- CEO of Colorados troubled state health exchange seeks year-end bonus
- Denver police seek help in case of stolen statue
- Anniversary of Prohibitions repeal looks to legalization of pot
- Colorado bakers faith an issue in gay wedding cake case
- Biden encourages Chinese to challenge their government
- Judge allows Obama's uncle to stay in US
- New York has its first matrimonial pet-custody case
- Steve McQueen named best director for 12 Years a Slave
- Adorable toddler tumbles during White House decoration unveiling
- Microsoft moves to assure intl customers on spying
- Microsoft to encrypt services notify customers of govt data requests
- Microsoft vows to boost Internet encryption transparency
- Futures Movers Oil futures extend gains on inventory fall
- Compare 2014 v. 2013 IRS Tax Rates Before Its Too Late
- Ajman sets world record by creating largest greeting card
- Dubais Atlantis hotel sold off
- Russia to Ground Tatarstan Airlines Following Boeing Crash
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Colorado Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Doctors prepare for frostbite cases
- Colorado case takes the cake
- Number of Denver drivers drops 10.6 percent in 2011
- Colorados financial disclosure rules for Supreme Court judges earn D
- Denver City Attorney Doug Friednash to leave post for private firm